About this Machine Embroidery Design:
A machine embroidery design of an applique flag stripes and stars which is perfect for Independence Day / July 4th
Comes in sketch fill applique finished edges. Sketch fill requires no fabric and uses a loosely filled embroidery fill. It is not tightly stitched and the garment will be visible beneath the stitched due to low density by design. This is to provide a quicker stitch out.
This embroidery design set includes a printable sewing help file jpg image that displays the full color step sequence.
Comes in 4x4 hoop size, 5x7 hoop size, 6x10 hoop size, 8x8 hoop size and 8x12 hoop size. Since our designs come with multiple size options, no matter what hoop or embroidery machine you use, our designs offer you many options for crafting on blank t-shirt, pillows, quilt, banners or whatever you fancy! Detailed sizes are shown in the gallery above.
Digital embroidery design download for embroidery machines. Lifetime access after purchase to this design in 9 different file formats. After purchase, your downloads are stored in your account order history for repeat access. Designed with love by Planet Applique Inc using no clipart, hand drawn by our in house digitizing artist.
Our embroidery machine formats include:
You will receive all the sizes and all of the embroidery machine formats with your purchase, so that if you ever upgrade your machine, or change brands, there is no need to re-purchase past embroidery designs from our website. We give you everything you need regardless or format or size with every design we offer on our website.
Basic applique instructions for our simple stitch embroidery designs are as follows:
1) The Red lines show you where to place your applique fabric pieces, and the colored lines will stitch the fabric in place. For best results, we recommend using a light weight fusible interfacing on the back side of applique fabric pieces used in an embroidery design. An example of this would be heat-n-bond lite.
2) After each fabric piece is stitched down, you will then use small curved scissors to trim very close to the tack down line to remove excess fabric.
3) Repeat this for each piece of fabric in the design.
4) Lastly, you might have some embroidery elements to stitch out, like eyes, mouth, or wording. We combine colors logically so reduce the number of times you will have to change out your thread color. For example, if the design is of a kitty cat, we would combine the inside of the ear with the nose of the cat making them both pink. It is possible, however, to stop your machine after one element and change the thread should you rather have the kitty cat nose be brown, for instance.
We follow this general template for creating our designs so that you are getting all the fabric down at the beginning and can relax and do other things while the majority of the stitching is being done toward the end. We feel this is the most efficient use of your time embroidering.
Basic applique instructions for our sketch filled embroidery designs are as follows:
1) There is no fabric used in these types of designs, only thread.
2) Stitch each color of the design to complete it.
3) Similiar elements are often combined when its logical to do so to reduce the number of thread changes.
4) The stitching on our sketch filled embroidery designs are low density to reduce time and materials. They are not totally filled in with a lot of stitching like many other embroidery designs available online. The stitching is still sufficient to make your design stand out on your project.
Because our embroidery designs come in multiple sizes, we do not recommend resizing our designs. Resizing a design can result in unpredictable results. When you resize a design, for example a PES file, and make it smaller, the thread count will not change proportionately. Some machine will try to fit the same number of stitches but now in a smaller footprint which can result in strange jumping, alignment issues, thread breakage, tension issues and needle breaks. The same issues can occur if you make an embroidery design larger. Embroidery designs are not vectorized. They cannot be enlarged or shrunk down and still stitch out in the same quality as was originally digitized. And this is why our embroidery designs come in multiple sizes. We try to do most of the work for you so that you have several sizes to choose from depending on your project but without the work and worry of trying to resize it yourself.
Free Embroidery Designs:
If you would like to try out one of our designs, we offer free embroidery designs on our website and offer free designs on our homepage monthly. Be sure to keep an eye out for these free machine embroidery designs so you can build up your library.
This embroidery design includes a printable sewing help file jpg image that displays the full color step sequence.
Design Size Information:
Please see our product photos for detailed size information on this embroidery design.
Embroidery Formats For this Design:
Our embroidery machine formats include: DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PES, SEW, VIP, VP3, XXX
You will receive all the sizes and all of the embroidery machine formats with your purchase, so that if you ever upgrade your machine, or change brands, there is no need to re-purchase past embroidery designs from our website.
Resizing Embroidery Designs:
Because our embroidery designs come in multiple sizes, we do not recommend resizing our designs. Resizing a design can result in unpredictable results. They cannot be enlarged or shrunk down and still stitch out in the same quality as was originally digitized. And this is why our embroidery designs come in multiple sizes.