About This Design
Meet William! This in the hoop made cloth baby doll comes with 2 arm styles, 2 leg styles, 3 wig styles and 2 core head shapes. Create a "William" doll that is unique and special to you by selecting one of the many face designs! William isn't just a boy version of any of our other in the hoop baby dolls. He is a brand new doll design with difference and improved features. How is William different from our other dolls, you might ask? Let talk about each new feature.
Quick Stitchout and Creation
William is made in as little as 4 hoopings! Most of our other dolls take 6-9 hoopings to create on your embroidery machine. We have cleverly designed him to be stitched as fast as possibly by carefully planning out his limbs and other features.
Torso and Legs Together
One of the reasons why William stitches out in fewer hoopings is that we have combined the legs with the new torso. This means NO DOLL JOINTS in the legs, AND they are NOT stitched into the torso seam so there is no worry about thickness and bulk at the embroidery machine. The legs are stitched the same time as the torso.
New Head Stabilization Technology
Sometimes, due to stuffing or hard to find doll joints, your doll's head might flop. We have engineered William's head to include a special stabilizing feature which eliminates the floppy head. This technology is digitized into the head files
Various Sizes for Hoops
Just by adding one more hooping, for a total of 5, you can make a larger William in the hoop on your embroidery machine. Its fast and easy and takes no time at all. This extra step allows those with smaller hoops to create a larger, more realistically sized cloth baby doll.
4x4 hoop creates a 10" William Doll
5x7 hoop creates a 10", 14" and a 17" William Doll
8x8 hoop creates a 11" or 16" William Doll
6x10 hoop creates a 13" or 17" William Doll
8x12 hoop creates a 15" or 22" William Doll
10 x 14 hoop creates a 19" William Doll
What Supplies Do I Need:
- Medium Tear Away Stabilizer
- Water Soluable Topper Material
- Embroidery Machine
- Seam Ripper
- Quality Doll Jersey like Weir Crafts Premium knit or De Witte Engel (2 way stretch)
- OPTIONAL: stretch terry cloth knit, white tshirt jersey or thin white fleece for the lining (2 way stretch)
- 3 Doll Joints
- Sewing Needle and Embroidery Machine Thread
- Scotch Tape
- Hemostats or a turning tool
- Small 10" x 12" remnant of fur for medium babies or 12" x 14" remnant for larger babies
- OPTIONAL: 9mm x 3mm rare earth magnet
- OPTIONAL: Temporary Spray Adhesive
- OPTIONAL: Blush makeup or Pan Pastel in the color "Pearlescent Red"
- OPTIONAL: Prismacolor Watercolor Art Pencil in the color: Light Umber or Dark Umber for freckles and eyebrows
- OPTIONAL: Thin Iron on Patch from Singer (this is slick on one side and woven fabric on the other side.
- OPTIONAL: Iron
- OPTIONAL: Glass Beads to weigh realistically
To Make Williams 3D style Perfectly Round Head:
- One Wool Dryer Ball. These usually come in a 6 pack and are fairly inexpensive. Size will be listed in the tutorial according to size doll you are making
- One 2-3" (depending on size of doll) wide cotton Knit medical Stockinette for containing the head. This comes in a roll. One roll would last FOREVER as you only need 12" length max. This is available on etsy if you are looking for a smaller amount than a large roll of it.
- Cotton String (not thread)
- Coats and Clark Upholstery thread in beige or white
- Pink or Peach colored Embroidery floss for lips on more simple heads when you choose not to add woolen lips to the core head
- 1/2 pound of wool either roving or loose (loose cotton wadding that is used in upholstery is an economical alternative as well as thicker polyester batting that comes on a roll)--You do not need a lot of wool if you go that route. I have a 2 pound bundle of wool and barely used any. I could make many many dolls from my 2 pound bundle.
- 38 gauge star felting needle
- Pink Felting Tool that holds three felting needles -- This is optional for quickly building up wool at lighting speeds if you want to add cheeks, nose, chin, lips to your core head
- 5" doll needle
- You can use a medium pom pom or small wood ball for the nose instead of wool
* To make the 3D head, you can make a simple head core and then stop or you can go a little further and needle felt a nose. You can go a little further and needle felt cheeks. You can go further still and needle felt the upper lip and chin. It really can be any of these options. Either way, your doll will have a round head with any combination of these. They are all cute and you are not required to needle felt anything! But you will always have the option to be creative :)
Because our embroidery designs come in multiple sizes, we do not recommend resizing our designs. Resizing a design can result in unpredictable results. When you resize a design, for example a PES file, and make it smaller, the thread count will not change proportionately. Some machine will try to fit the same number of stitches but now in a smaller footprint which can result in strange jumping, alignment issues, thread breakage, tension issues and needle breaks. The same issues can occur if you make an embroidery design larger. Embroidery designs are not vectorized. They cannot be enlarged or shrunk down and still stitch out in the same quality as was originally digitized. And this is why our embroidery designs come in multiple sizes. We try to do most of the work for you so that you have several sizes to choose from depending on your project but without the work and worry of trying to resize it yourself.
Free Embroidery Designs:
If you would like to try out one of our designs, we offer free embroidery designs on our website and offer free designs on our homepage monthly. Be sure to keep an eye out for these free machine embroidery designs so you can build up your library.
This embroidery design includes a printable sewing help file jpg image that displays the full color step sequence.
Design Size Information:
Please see our product photos for detailed size information on this embroidery design.
Embroidery Formats For this Design:
Our embroidery machine formats include: DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PES, SEW, VIP, VP3, XXX
You will receive all the sizes and all of the embroidery machine formats with your purchase, so that if you ever upgrade your machine, or change brands, there is no need to re-purchase past embroidery designs from our website.
Resizing Embroidery Designs:
Because our embroidery designs come in multiple sizes, we do not recommend resizing our designs. Resizing a design can result in unpredictable results. They cannot be enlarged or shrunk down and still stitch out in the same quality as was originally digitized. And this is why our embroidery designs come in multiple sizes.